Sunday, February 16, 2020

Weekly Meal Planning

When it comes to domestic duties, I do not enjoy meal planning or cooking, but I do so because it saves money and I feel like we definitely eat healthier.  I also do not like to waste food and aim to toss out as little as possible.  

During the school year, we always do our main grocery shopping over the weekend, and then pick up any forgotten items during the week.

This week is a little different because it's school vacation week with a holiday and there is no dance.

Sunday - My brother is visiting from out of state so all of my siblings and kids are gathering at my parents' tonight for dinner.

Monday - We plan to eat out.

Tuesday - Thin-sliced chicken cutlets (I usually bread and saute), roasted broccoli, broccoli and cheddar rice, cranberry sauce.

Wednesday - Ribs in the crock-pot, mashed potatoes, baked beans, peas.

Thursday - Ravioli with red sauce, rolls, side salad.

Friday - Because someone from our family is at the dance studio over a four hour period, we always do pizza on Friday nights.  We like pizza and it's, by far, the easiest meal for us on this day.  There is no dance this week so I think I'm going to do a Greek salad with chicken.

Saturday - Probably pizza.

No comments: