Thursday, September 5, 2019

I'm just a mom who needs to make dinner.

With school starting this week, I thought I would share the rest of our documented summer meals.  I'll talk a bit about how we meal plan and share our meals from the beginning of the school year (ack!) in the next edition.

8.40a
Eggplant parm (frozen because I'm too lazy to make this from scratch) served over pasta, with Caesar salad and bruschetta, which I did make from scratch.


8.40b
Veggie tacos (roasted cauliflower) with mexi-beans, which look like poo in this photo.


8.40c
Spinach and goat cheese quiche (easy to make, in my opinion) with grapes and too many home fries.


8.40d
Lasagna (my kids like me to assemble it with a ton of sauce), lazy salad (just greens) and garlic bread.  For the lasagna, sometimes I use what's on hand.  In this case, I had slices of provolone cheese I wanted to use up so only every other layer had ricotta cheese.  I added sliced tomatoes into the provolone cheese layers.  It was pretty tasty.


8.40e
Make your own Cobb salad with romaine lettuce, eggs, bacon, tomato, blue cheese and avocado.


8.40f
Pulled BBQ chicken (hidden under the lettuce) sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and cole slaw.  I took a whole bunch of chicken breasts and popped them in the crock pot with water.  Cooked on high for 4 hours and they were ready to shred.  I used that chicken for dinner 2 nights that week.


8.40g
Chicken fajitas.  There are peppers and onions in there.  This was from the shredded chicken.  I mixed fajita seasoning with water in a pan on the stove and then added the chicken.  The moisture cooked off, coating the chicken in the seasoning while preventing it from drying out.


8.40h
I don't think I've shared any meals this summer from the cottage because we mainly grill.  Well, Rich grills and I take care of clean up.  There's a veggie cheeseburger under the tomato.  Every so often, Rich makes steak tips.  There's a corn stand down the street from us and the corn is amazing.  I know, so much corn.  I can't eat it off the cob because of my fake teeth.  (What a lovely way to end a post on food.)

No comments: