Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Closing up our Cape Cod cottage

11.10m

Like many of you, we experienced an early storm complete with plowable snow late last week and now we're headed towards the coldest Thanksgiving in the past 100 years.  The cottage has been "winterized" for about a month now and based upon the early cold weather we're experiencing, our timing was appropriate.  I can usually push off wearing my Michelin Man jacket until after Thanksgiving, but not this year.  Columbus Day weekend was our last overnight stay at the cottage for the season.  I finished painting the hallway and Rich wrapped up work in the crawl space.  And of course, we visited the beach.

11.10g
I keep referring to this as my "classic Cape Cod" photo.

11.10i
 
During one of our last weekend visits, I had told the girls to pack pants and long sleeves because the forecast was showing temperatures in the 60s.  Well, it ended up being a bit warmer than that and with the sun beating down, it felt closer to 80.  We searched through any and all clothes we had left at the cottage looking for short sleeves or anything more appropriate to wear to the beach than what we had on.  I found a beach cover-up in my bureau and Allie ended up wearing it as a dress.

11.10h 

I sometimes go back and forth on whether or not a place we could use year round would be better for us.  During the school year, our weekends fill up and even when there isn't anything planned, sometimes the girls just don't want to do anything, especially after a full week of school and dance.  It seems to be working out fine as is.

11.10p

11.10l

11.10r

Hey, look!  I'm in a photo.  Of course, one child wouldn't participate because we had exceeded the number of photographs allowed for the week.

11.10s

11.10n

You know what?  Sometimes it's good to take a break from the lobster rolls and chowder.  Makes it taste even better.

11.10o

11.10q

11.10j 

No comments: