Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Living the beach life

On our third morning, we woke to a foggy mist blowing around outside the cottage.  This is one of the reasons why I love being so close to the ocean.  When Rich returned from his run, I headed out for my run.  After I came back and showered, I jumped in the van and drove around taking photos.

7.11a

7.11b

7.11c

I ran four times (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.)  I wouldn't necessarily say I'm in a slump but at home, I run the same routes over and over in order to avoid crossing busy streets or running on roads without sidewalks.  It was nice to run different routes for a change.  

This was another beach day with family for us.

7.11d

7.11e

7.11f

7.11g

7.11h
After dinner beach stroll.

And then it was the 4th.

7.11aa

We spent the afternoon at the beach and then went over to Rich's uncle's place for a BBQ dinner.

7.11i

7.11j

Most people think of New England ocean water as freezing cold but many south-facing beaches enjoy the warm waters of Nantucket Sound.  It's all about the currents and flow of water.  This water was warm and comfortable.

7.11k

7.11l

Last year, on the 4th, we set up camp on the beach and watched fireworks down the shoreline.  You can't buy fireworks here and it's illegal to set them off.  But people do.  We could see organized displays put on by different towns (which are legal) and we could even see fireworks from Nantucket.  So this year, we did the same thing.

7.11m

But first, sunset photos.

7.11n 

7.11o

7.11p

7.11q

7.11r

7.11s

7.11t

Technically, you need a tripod for fireworks photos but I didn't have my tripod with me nor would I want to further torture everyone in my party.  Handheld it was.

7.11u

7.11v

7.11w

I didn't take many photos during our remaining vacation days.  There was ice cream, more mini golf and an evening beach walk at Nauset, where seals, but no sharks, were seen.  There was a rainy day at the end of the week and I took advantage of the weather and finished painting all the trim in the hallway.  I'll have a progress report on the work we've been doing soon.

7.11x

7.11y

7.11z

7.11zz

7.11zzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Anna’s shunt ever affected by changes in air pressure or by flying? My son has issues at the beach where weather changes can be swift.

Sarah said...

Hi, no she hasn't any issues from air pressure changes.