Monday, August 28, 2017

Finding Beauty and Favorite Breakfast Spot on Cape Cod

I was somewhat disappointed to read a Floridian blogger slam the beaches here in Massachusetts.  I'm using the word slam even though it was politely written so as to not come across as a slam but to me, it was a slam.  You cannot compare Florida beaches to the beaches of Cape Cod and the Islands.  And if you do, please don't think that we only vacation at the beaches here because they are the closest thing we have to a beach.  I may also suggest visiting at least one beach before forming an opinion.  Don't judge based on the color of the water alone.

The ocean, regardless of where it's located, is a majestic beauty.  It's up to us to soak up that beauty and not just brush off and label beaches without white sand and turquoise water as inadequate.

8.28a

The waters of Nantucket Sound are warm, not hot but warm enough to be refreshing during the summer.  Just the way we like it here in New England.  The surf dumps shells, rocks and sea glass to be found during beach walks.  The world would be pretty boring if every single beach was identical.

8.28b

8.28c

And don't forget New England is full of lakes, ponds and rivers and we can swim in all of them because there are no gators.  (So take that!)
   
8.28d

8.28e

8.28f

8.28g

8.28h
Allitude = Allie + Attitude

I wanted to tell you about our favorite breakfast spot here on Cape Cod.  For months and months, we kept hearing about The Red Cottage in Dennis.  Locals asked if we'd eaten there and when they learned we hadn't, highly recommended it.  It's also listed in several "best of" surveys.

8.28i

8.28j

We finally made it there and yes, it did live up to the hype.  So much so that the girls and I returned with Grammy and Papa a few weeks later.  Not only was the food incredibly delicious but they serve breakfast and lunch items until 2:00.  I love being able to get breakfast for lunch.

8.28k

The first time, I ordered the Cinnamon Bun French Toast.  That was probably the second time I've ever ordered french toast in a restaurant.  I'm typically not a french toast fan but that french toast was incredibly delicious and completely satisfied my sweet tooth.  Everyone else was 100% satisfied with their food.

8.28m

For our next visit, I ordered the Spicy Santa Fe Omelette.  It was perfect and not too spicy.  Just enough spice to give it a kick.  We all like the potatoes too.  Flavorful and crispy in the right spots.

Note that the restaurant is small and during the summer, always busy.  They have a clipboard at the counter where you leave your name and how many people in your group.  There is no waiting area inside but there are some chairs and a grassy area out front.  If you're ever on Cape Cod, check it out.

8.28n

3 comments:

Farah said...

I personally love the dark, mysterious water of the Atlantic Ocean. We vacation at Jekyll Island, GA, and people say the same thing...mainly people who visit Florida regularly. I think all beaches are beautiful!

Christi said...

I like our navy blue water and our sand box colored sand and our beach grass and our dunes and our stone jetties.

The Florida beaches I've been to (on both coasts) were so flat and boring. Like parking lots full of sand.

Have you been to Hangar B in Chatham for breakfast? I love the red flannel hash and the lemon ricotta pancakes there.

Unknown said...

I get my feelings hurt when people insult my home beaches (South Carolina). Especially someone from Florida. :D I have a bit of a thing about Florida.

There are tropical beaches and then there are East Coast US beaches. It's a different kind of beauty. I think Massachusetts is gorgeous in an understated way. It's not showy like Florida!

I bet Floridians get upset when people from Hawaii say their beaches are nicer!