Friday, July 28, 2017

From Cape Cod

We had a bit of a shunt scare with Anna two weeks ago.  Rich and I have the signs of a shunt malfunction memorized but, unfortunately, those signs can also easily be from other things.  We've been told from others in the hydrocephalus community that we'll know when it's a shunt malfunction.  There seems to be some truth to this because we haven't known.  So two weeks ago, I found myself with the girls down at the cottage on a Friday waiting for Rich and trying to diagnose Anna.  Do I pull the alarm or wait?  Thankfully, she came out of it and has been fine ever since.  She's had that shunt for more than 10 years now.  It's both amazing and terrifying at the same time.

7.28a

7.28b

7.28c

As you can probably imagine, there are a ton of ice cream places down here.  We visited Sundae School during this mini vacation.  I had a hot fudge sundae with cookie dough ice cream and I have to admit, that was some good ice cream.  So many pieces of cookie dough.  Side note - always ask if there are different sizes if you don't see what you want listed on the menu.  I wanted a sundae with only one scoop of ice cream but their menu had two sizes listed - regular with two scoops or large with three scoops.  I asked for their smallest size and they gave me a one scoop sundae.  

7.28d

7.28f

7.28e
I asked for a serious face.

7.28g
There are two very small hydrangea bushes at the cottage.  One is so tiny, it doesn't yet produce flowers but the other one finally bloomed a few weeks ago.  Hydrangeas are thing down here, if you didn't know.  

7.28h

7.28i
Someone's always borrowing my sunglasses.

7.28j

7.28k

7.28l
Evening beach strolls are the best.

7.28m

7.28n

7.28o

7.28p

7.28x
Mini sunset chaser.

7.28q

7.28s
The creepy place we stumbled upon.

7.28t

7.28u

7.28v

7.28w
In the wild.

7.28y

7.28z

No comments: