Thursday, May 25, 2017

Quiet beaches and this week

After my day of cleaning the cottage last week (and I've really only just begun to scratch the surface), I had pretty much convinced the girls that we should sleep down there over the weekend.  This was last weekend.  I'm behind here.  So I convinced them.  Emily was all excited and encouraged her sisters to get excited - it helps when you have one ally - and then I checked the forecast.  Daytime high of 55.  Uh, I don't know if we can do it this weekend.  I keep calling it camping.  Rich says it's not camping, it's staying down there.  I say it's camping until the cleaning and construction phase is complete.  And then we'll move on to painting, which is part of the making it cute phase.  Oh, I can't wait for that phase.

Anyway, Rich tells me of things going on over the weekend, some of which I had forgotten, some I didn't know of, and so camping (or sleeping down there) will have to wait.  It won't be this weekend either because hopefully the demo crew rips out the bathroom tomorrow.  That really would be camping, wouldn't it?

Off-season on Cape Cod officially ends this weekend with the Memorial Day holiday.  It's been nice walking on whichever beach we want, parking without fees or stickers.  Because work on the bathroom isn't scheduled to begin until tomorrow, I was going to head down there for a few days this week to clean.  Instead, I ended up with a nasty cold that's been going around so I spent the first three days of this week resting and recovering.  It's nice to have that luxury now.  I'm sure that if I had been working, this would have dragged on for longer and been much worse.

These photos are from last weekend.  Still a bit chilly most days, but warming up.

5.25a

5.25b

5.25c

5.25d

5.25e

5.25f

5.25g

5.25h

5.25i

5.25j

5.25k

5.25l

5.25m

5.25n

5.25o

All I do is eat chowdah.

1 comment:

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

It's quite gray here today and your chowdah looks perfect to warm up.