Friday, February 24, 2017

Calm

2.24a

2.24b

2.24c

2.24d

2.24e

2.24f

2.24g

2.29h

2.24i

2.24j

2.24k

2.24l

On Monday afternoon, we drove down to the Cape cottage to check on it and begin the process of planning repairs/updates/painting.  My brother, who lives in California, was visiting for a few days with his girlfriend so they joined us along with my parents, who had not yet seen our new place. I do have a few photos of the inside to share next week.  We can run the heat while we're there in the kitchen/living area (that's the only heat) but the water is turned off to prevent pipes from freezing.  For awhile, after we had visited the North Conway area of New Hampshire and stayed at my brother-in-law's place, we talked about purchasing a place up there instead of on the Cape.  Besides our love of Cape Cod, we ultimately decided to stay with our original plan because it's close, yet far enough away.

After we poked around the cottage, we found a beach where we could all wander and enjoy the fresh, salty air.  We again stopped at Captain Parker's Pub on the way home for dinner.  There were nine of us and I figured they would be able to accommodate us - they did.  This time I ordered the clam chowder (they are known for their chowder) and it did not disappoint.  It's a rich, thick chowder - the potato to clam ratio was perfect for me.  Plus, the clams were not chewy.  Nothing worse than chewy clams.  I think it's safe to say that by the end of the year, I'll know all the best places for chowdah and lobstah rolls.    

No comments: