Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Wandering, fall, here

Saturday, we, including the children, ate dinner out at a restaurant.  This seems to be our weekly habit.  Dinner out on Saturday evening to give mom a break.  I've come to the conclusion that I don't particularly enjoy cooking, baking, what have you.  I'll do it, for several different reasons, but it's not an activity I look forward to.  It's a chore with benefits so I do it without complaint.  So anyway, it became really freaking cold on Saturday after the rain cleared.  It was windy and brisk and I saw on FB that it had snowed in the mountains in NY.  All of a sudden, I wanted to pack up and drive off, with Rich and the children of course, to someplace different.  You would expect me to be dreaming of warmer climates but I was actually thinking of upstate NY.  It would be really difficult for me to explain why that was my location of choice as it all goes back to when I roamed freely but there's something in me that thrives on movement and I usually think of upstate NY when I think of driving somewhere in the fall.

I've learned a lot about myself these last few years.  I feel that all started when I took a personality test.  I haven't changed but I've come to understand why I am who I am, what makes me happy and satisfied.  I don't do well with routine, mundane tasks, which is why I prefer to be on the go.  This has also impacted my day-to-day now that I'm home but I'll talk about that in a different post.  So, because travel and movement now aren't possible due to school and the fact that Rich has a desk job, we've made a point of getting out and exploring on the weekends.  We recently visited Purgatory Chasm, which is located in Sutton, MA (between Worcester and RI.)  The girls absolutely loved it!

10.25a

10.25b

10.25c

10.25d

10.25e

10.25f

10.25g

10.25h

10.25i

Info to know:  This is a state park so there are indoor bathrooms, a playground and plenty of picnic tables.  The trail through the chasm is a half mile long and the warning sign is not there just to scare you.  If you are not in good shape, do not attempt it.  There are other trails around the chasm that do not include climbing over boulders.

I don't know about you but I'm slightly in denial that Halloween is less than a week away.  How is it almost November??  We've been soaking up fall as much as possible knowing that winter will soon be here.  The trees out front were stunning while the leaves lasted.

10.25j

10.25k

I'll be dreaming of the tropics soon enough.

6 comments:

Jojo said...

I am an INFJ! I took the link to your 2015 blog about it.... oh how I resonate with what you wrote there. Thanks!

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

I just love these pictures! I'm typically an ISFJ, but I occasionally get INFJ when I take the tests. When it shows the percentages (like the one you linked to in your old post, I'm always super close the line... this one I was just barely into N instead of S).

Anonymous said...

I'm an INFJ too! Haha, I usually get INFP/J depending on the day.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
I used to read your blog about 4 years ago. I loved it because I was really into photography and loved seeing your pictures and your tips, but even more so because I fell in love with your family and reading about the adventures you had and the adorable things your kids did and said. In the last couple of years I've barely been onto your blog, because I was distracted and busy, and I didn't even know if you'd be still posting, but just recently I decided to check it out again. To see your girls at nine years old all of a sudden was so freakin' weird and amazing!! They've grown so much it seems since I last 'saw them'. I'm also rather impressed with myself because I am still able to tell them apart! ^_^ I want to tell you that I think your girls are beautiful and their smiles make me smile. You and Rich both seem to be incredibly great parents, with so much compassion and understanding and love. Undoubtedly you are an inspiration to everyone who reads your blog, parents or not. I'm also impressed by your photos - they are awesome, and inspire me to get into photography again! (Even though I STILL don't own a good camera.)
I hope and pray for the best for you and your family. May God continue to bless you in amazing and immeasurable ways. ♥

Sarah said...

Yay for all the INFJs!!

Laura - thank you so much for the kind comment. I truly appreciate it.

Cynthia said...

I love the solo pic of Anna! (They're all great, but that one probably stands out to me since she lets you photograph her the least ;) )