Friday, September 30, 2016

Fall's all around us

9.30a

9.30b

9.30c

9.30d

9.30e

9.30f

9.30g

9.30h

9.30i

9.30j

9.30k

9.30l

9.30m

9.30n

The sun is setting earlier and the air has finally lost that humid, summer feel.  We're settling into autumn and it's cooler days.  Being at home has given me the chance to actually watch the season unfold.  Our front porch lacks mums and pumpkins.  Soon.  Without the worry of mosquitoes or heat stroke, the girls are asking to play outside more often.  There was even a request for hot chocolate the other day.  It was 36 degrees Monday morning, a severe wake-up call that winter is on its way.

The girls' closets have been cleaned out, for the most part, and too-small items packed up and shipped off to cousins.  There's still some additional work that needs to be done.  Because I didn't purchase many clothing items for them last year, the girls are in desperate need of new clothes now.  Thankfully too-short skinny pants and leggings look fine on girls when worn with boots or sneakers.  I picked up a few bags of Cat & Jack clothes at Target the other day, but that was just scratching the surface of their needs.  I love that clothing line, by the way.  

Tomorrow is October 1.  What happened to September??

2 comments:

Farah said...

I love the Cat & Jack line, too! My son has an outfit and a pair of sweat pants from that line. I can't wait for him to be able to wear them...it's still too hot outside!

Sarah said...

I bet he looks super cute!