Sunday, September 4, 2016

And then it was September

Life was slightly hectic when we returned from Disney, which is probably how September snuck up on me.  Our return flight landed around 6 and then we rushed home to scrounge up some dinner so we could rush back out again to drop the Volvo off at the mechanic's.  We then drove to Rich's mom's to pick up her unused car so Rich would have transportation because I was about to ship off again.  The next day, our first day back home, I unpacked only what I needed to so I could run a few loads of laundry.  The girls and I attended the open house at the dance studio and ordered all their dance shoes.  Or I should say all the dance shoes.  Then it was time to pack up the minivan and head down to the Cape to visit with a friend of mine and her girls.

9.4a

9.4b

9.4c

9.4d

9.4e

The girls still haven't returned to school and you know I love them with all my heart and soul but I'm ready for it.  I think they're ready as well.  They've had lots of vacations and outings and pool time and creative play and days to be lazy this summer.  They're excited to see their friends and dance on a regular basis.  We attended open house at the school last week and I've only heard great things about their teachers.  I'm slightly worried about Anna but one of Allie's BFFs, who is a sweetheart, is in class with her and she knows several other kids as well.  I think there are eleven (maybe twelve) fourth grade classrooms this year.  So while the girls know many, many kids by now, they still don't know everyone.

I finally finished reading a book!  Yay, me!!  Truth be told, I was forced to finish it because it was due back to the library and I was afraid I would be placed on a wait list to check it out again.  Has anyone else read The Fireman by Joe Hill?  I thought it was really good.  Sure, there were a few "I should have seen that coming" moments but it kept my attention and was well-written.  Character development was strong and I didn't mind the length of the book because it included details that I like to read.  I kind of didn't want it to end.  I really miss reading.

Last week, the girls tried on clothing and shoes I suspected were too small and we filled a garage bag for the girls' cousins.  I still need to go through drawers and get back into their closets.  I've been trying to clean out their rooms this weekend but we've been spending a lot of time together as a family.  Oh, well.  The cleaning will be there tomorrow.  Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!  We haven't seen any rain yet.

No comments: