Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Long Weekend

7.5a

I hope everyone in the U.S. enjoyed the patriotic long weekend.  We decided to keep it mellow as we recovered from all of our travels.  I dove into laundry on Saturday and unwillingly went to the grocery store in the afternoon.  Meal planning while shopping wasn't the greatest idea.  I made a fresh Cobb salad for dinner Saturday night.  With the leftover shredded chicken, I threw together a chicken pot pie, that was quite tasty, Sunday night.  To celebrate the 4th, we had Emily's BFF's family over for a pool party/cookout.

7.5e

7.5f

There were also some sweet baby snuggles with the girls' newest cousin.

 
Emily wore her Hello Kitty red, white and blue skirt from last summer.

7.5b

7.5c

See the book reading.  There was a lot of that going on this weekend, which always makes me happy.  The girls have been devouring those Dork Diaries books.

7.5d

The sunsets this weekend were gorgeous.

7.5g

7.5h

7.5i

7.5j

7.5k 

7.5l

7.5m    

I am drafting Michigan posts, which I hope to finalize this week.  Funny how "long weekend" has a different meaning when you don't have work to return to on Tuesday.

No comments: