Here's some of what we have planned:
- Michigan - Shortly after school ends, Grammy and I are going to pack up the van and drive to Michigan with the girls. I'm loving the fact that I don't have to count vacation days and we can pretty much come and go as we please, aside from summer activities. Rich is going to fly out near the end of our trip and join us for a few days.
- Dance - The girls are taking a hip hop class for fun at the dance studio. The past few years, there weren't any summer classes available for their age so they're pretty excited for this. Plus, at least one of their friends will be joining them. They know so many kids, chances are there will be a few familiar faces.
- Church camp - For the first time, the girls will be going to a camp at our church. It's only a few hours a day and runs for one week. Rich attempted to convince them to go last summer and they freaked out. When I picked them up from CCD (which is no longer called CCD but will always be CCD to me) a few months ago, they asked if they could sign up for the summer camp. The director had presented all the fun activities they do at camp and the girls decided they wanted to go.
- Tennis - We didn't sign the girls up for summer tennis lessons but I told them I would bring them to the courts a few times a week. There are some nice tennis courts located not too far from us. We'll see how that works out.
- Pool time - This is a given. Plus, having friends over to swim.
- Beach visits - We'll be visiting the Cape, exploring new beaches along with our favorites. I just love the Cape. The soothing ocean waves, the salty air, the fresh seafood.
(Smooshy goggle face)