Thursday, December 10, 2015

A touch of Christmas

12.10a

When I walked through the doorway and into the house Saturday night after our Nutcracker excursion, the scent of Christmas tree greeted me.  Inhale.  If that doesn't toss you directly into a swarm of holiday cheer, then I don't know what will.  Emily has made her wish of a white Christmas well known.  Unfortunately, we usually don't have snow here until later in the winter season and with El Nino hanging around, we've been experiencing some mildish weather on and off.  You never know though.  Miracles do happen.

We have another busy weekend coming up.  Two birthday parties and have I mentioned that I haven't really started Christmas shopping yet.  I'm not stressed out about it right now though.  It will get done somehow.  It always does.  AND our holiday cards, that I ordered Sunday afternoon, arrived in the mail yesterday.  That's a small victory.

12.10b

I finished sewing the Christmas dinner cloth napkins for the adult table.  I had tentatively thought of making a batch for the kids but I'm so precise in my cutting and sewing of hems that these took much longer to create than I had originally estimated.  So the kids can use paper.  Also, I felt like these were more of an ironing project than a sewing project.

12.10c

In order to keep these looking professional, I went with mitered corners.  Not exactly the easiest thing in the world to do.  You have to be really precise and even when you are, corners may not line up just right.  So you have to adjust and then readjust.  Let's put it this way - I think sewing skirts is less time consuming.  But these are finished and I'm happy I finally completed a project that's been on my to-do list for years.

12.10d 

12.10e
How cute is the back of this dress?
  
12.10f

4 comments:

Emily said...

I totally agree, there's nothing quite like the scent of pine to get you into the holiday spirit. Emily, I'm with you on that dream of a white Christmas--except I live in Texas, so my wish will never be granted, haha. Those cloth napkins are adorable!

JEN said...

NO.WHITE.CHRISTMAS. I love these milder temps.

The fabrics you picked are so cute!

Unknown said...

Those napkins are beautiful!

MCox said...

Nice job on the mitred cornes.