Monday, November 30, 2015

Ahhhh, back to work

Sadly, my five days at home ended this morning and as an additional kick in the teeth, I pulled a muscle in my back five minutes before I had to walk out the door.  But my time off from work was nice, semi-productive until I came down with the cold that had made its way around twice.  Because I was so sick last winter, I thought I would be exempt from any and all illnesses this season and I was kicking butt until last week.  I've come to the conclusion that Wednesday and Friday of Thanksgiving week are great days to take off from work because attendance is super low, which results in fewer emails on my end.  

In addition to some quality family time, I worked on some sewing projects, thought about cleaning, baked and cooked and (and this is a big and) popped into Emily's and Anna's classrooms to take some pictures for the school yearbook.  They loved that!  It was a bit of a learning process for me and now I'll be better prepared for the next session.

After my sister-in-law mentioned an overnight french toast casserole, I searched for some recipes online and then made up my own based upon what we had on hand and needed to use up, which was part of my reason for making it.  I've never been a french toast fan and while I thought this was pretty good, I'm still not a french toast fan.  Rich and the girls gobbled it up though so overall, I'd call that a success.

11.30a

11.30b

11.30c

11.30d

11.30e
That's blown up from a zoom and crop in PSE so you can see the deer's face.  It was kind of freaking me out staring at me and with such odd markings.

11.30f

11.30g

11.30h

11.30k
Waiting for food to cook is so hard.

11.30i

11.30j

11.30l

No comments: