Thursday, September 17, 2015

Shark Beach

I had wanted to stay at Skaket Beach (see post from earlier in the week) until the sun set but the kids were hungry so we decided to drive over to Nauset Beach, which is on the ocean side of the Cape.  The Cape that far up is fairly narrow so the drive from Skaket to Nauset only takes ten minutes or so. Nauset Beach is referred to as Shark Beach (at least by me) because there have been several great white shark sightings there and at one point over the summer, a shark killed a seal and then "spit it up" on the sand in front of beachgoers.  I don't quite understand the logistics of that but it's enough to keep me out of the water.

9.17a

There is a small snack bar at Skaket Beach but Nauset Beach has a bigger one (Liam's), almost like a take-out restaurant, with tons of picnic tables.  It had pretty good reviews online and we aren't super picky eaters so I'm assuming that maybe they were just having a bad night.  Rich said the clams were blah and my chowder may or may not have been from a can. I can't stand piping hot food and always, always, always burn my mouth and tongue so for me to say that the chowder was room temperature at best, you know it's true.  It's a snack shack so I wasn't expecting gourmet but for the prices they are charging and the reviews online, we were disappointed.

9.17d

9.17c

The surf here is much rougher than the beaches the girls are used to and the water is freezing so we became beachcombers out for an evening stroll.

9.17b

9.17e

9.17f

9.17g
Better luck next time.

9.17h
Sometimes I photograph strangers.  I have no idea who those people are but I thank them for their prop-age.

9.17i

9.17j

9.17k

9.17l

9.17m

9.17n

9.17o

9.17p

9.17q

9.17r

No comments: