Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm back

Between my work deadline and July 4th, we managed to squeeze in a quick vacation to New Hampshire.  Despite the fact that we always discuss staying longer, we only managed two full days this year for no real reason other than we couldn't leave until July 1st and we didn't want to be there on or after the 4th in order to avoid crowds.  When we originally planned this, we thought we were going to Disney in August and we didn't want two back to back vacations.  As much as I wanted to set up blog posts in my absence, I barely had time for laundry and packing.  I ended up packing my own bag the morning that we left, which was a frustrating process when I realized that I need new clothes.  The mom of young triplets uniform isn't really needed anymore.  Yesterday, I realized that I was wearing capris that were purchased when Rich and I were dating (we've been married for almost 10 years).  So while it's great that they still fit, they're most definitely showing their age.  I hardly ever shop for myself - I think I need to change that.

Up until last week, we'd been having a fairly cool summer.  There hasn't been much humidity and the nights have been cool, feeling almost early fall-like.  So of course, the day we leave for NH, a heat wave moves in.  It was hot and humid for our entire visit, which made me thankful that we aren't visiting FL this summer.  I was pretty much exhausted from work (and everything else) going up there and the heat almost did me in.  Usually it doesn't bother me that much but this was absolutely brutal.

Thanks for all the book recommendations.  I just finished Mockingjay and Rich and I borrowed and watched the two movies from my brother-in-law.  I'll start Dark Places tomorrow morning on the train. (Ugh - back to work I go.)

The house is a mess and I have 25 Disney outfits to sew.  Ugh.  There just isn't enough time.  I'll be back later with NH photos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should check out Stitch Fix. I'd love to use their service, but they don't ship to the UK. Until something like that is available over here, I'll be sticking with online shopping (and free returns), and I've only got 1 toddler!

Wendy said...

We are headed to North Conway on the 14th!

Melissa B said...

We were up there the 22nd-26th - by far the nicest coolest weather we have had up there in years! The humidity can be brutal!