Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{TCI} Day 1 - Bay Bistro

I planned the majority of this trip by reading the Turks & Caicos travel forum on TripAdvisor.  Based on the recommendations of others, we made dining reservations for our first night.  I was under the impression that the second week of April was still considered high season down there.  When I think of "vacation" and "busy" together, I think of Disney and how crowded it can be.  Thankfully, it wasn't anything like that.  If I were to measure our TCI vacation on a Disney crowd calendar, it would come in at a 3, maybe a 4 on our last day.

So we made 6:30 reservations for four at Bay Bistro.  We were eating with one of Rich's brothers and his brother's wife.  Bay Bistro is located at the Sibonne hotel, which is next to the Sands.  Well, an empty lot separates the two.  And how does one travel from resort to resort?  You walk along the beach, of course.  No need to pack fancy shoes.


We arrived at 6:30 to find approximately three tables occupied by guests.  The restaurant eventually did fill later.  Apparently, there's not much of a nightlife down there and folks tend to eat later.  Now, I normally eat dinner on the late side but for this vacation, I wanted to be in bed, asleep nice and early.  One of the best things about this restaurant is that it is located right on the beach so the views are spectacular.  And because it took a loooong time for our food, I was able to take some pictures of the sunset.


All four of us agreed that the food was absolutely delicious.  It was probably the best meal, excluding the wedding reception, that we had during our stay.


I heart bread.


We all shared the coconut shrimp appetizer.


Oven roasted chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, spinach and some other roasted veggies.  I heart potatoes.  Rich and I shared a slice of Key lime pie for dessert.  It was tasty but the texture was different from the Key lime pies you'll find down in the Florida Keys.  This had more of a cheesecake texture.


So that wraps up Day 1.  After waking up at 4:30 that morning, I was exhausted so we went to bed around 9:00, I think.

And off to bed I go right now.

(I wanted to keep each day to its own post but then it would take me a week to finish one post and I'd probably still be writing this in June.)


No comments: