Monday, November 11, 2013

You could make millions.

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with another mom as we waited for our kids to be released from school.  Her daughter was the recipient of two skirts (one made by me and one by Grammy) last year and we were discussing fabric care.  It just happened that Anna and Emily were both wearing skirts that day that I had made so when they came bouncing out the door with those skirts on, another mom asked me about them and told me that they were the cutest things she had seen in awhile.  (The skirts, not the kids.) Then she said, "You should sell them.  You could make millions."  (The skirts, not the kids.)

It took me forever to finish this Mommy & Me matching prairie skirt set for Emily and her doll so I'm guessing my millions would probably take a million years to make.  Doesn't sound like a successful business plan to me.

nov11a

I have no idea why, but Emily picked out this fat quarter bundle while we were shopping one day and requested a skirt.  I used the scraps to make the doll skirt which is why it isn't as full as the "mommy" version.  We've been calling it the Crazy Sammy Cat fabric.  Again, no idea why.

nov11b

nov11c

(I know.  Caroline's shirt and shoes don't match.  We need to work on that.)

No comments: