Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Home sweet home

We returned home this afternoon from our annual vacation to North Conway,  NH.  I love that place.  The mountains are so beautiful.  We were only there for three nights and when it was over, both Rich and I commented that we should have planned for a longer vacation.  With the girls older now, there's more for us to do and see.  And by "more" I mean nature stuff.

I ended up taking over 300 photos, which sounds like a lot but when all is said and done, it really isn't.  When photographing kids, especially when there's more than one, I tend to fire off a bunch of photos and hope that I end up with one where no one is blinking.  When I photograph landscapes, I take two or three of the same frame but at different exposures.  I'll meter in the camera and set the shutter speed for what the camera tells me is the correct exposure.  I'll then set the shutter speed to be a bit faster so that I'm slightly underexposed.  I do this because sometimes it's not easy to see if anything is blown out when viewing the photo on screen, especially outside.

july3a
     
I'll be posting more.  Soon.

I have to say that it's so nice to finally be on "vacation" from work.  Five more days left!  When I set my out of office email reminder on Friday, I realized that it hadn't been set since mid-December.  That's a long time between vacations.

Happy 4th of July (if you're in the US).  We don't really have any plans, which is just fine.  We do have family plans for this weekend.  I had thought of running the 5K over at Patriot Place/Gillette Stadium in Foxboro tonight but it didn't work out.  I did run tonight and it's hot and humid out so I suppose it wasn't meant to be.



No comments: