Monday, March 11, 2013

What snowstorm?

The end of last week was a stormy one.  It started with rain and wind and ended with snow.  Lots and lots of snow.  The forecast that I saw (more than once) was for approximately 8 inches.

This was our deck late Friday morning.  Does that look like approximately 8 inches to you?

mar10aa

It kept snowing and snowing and snowing.  The girls wanted to play outside so off they went with Rich and big "HAVE FUN" from me.

mar10bb

That's about 2 feet of snow.  Who said 8 inches?

mar10cc

Forget spring, I'm more than ready for summer.  You will never, ever hear me complain about the heat and humidity. Bring it on.  I am so looking forward to running outside.  I feel like it's harder to get back into it and train your muscles by running on the treadmill.  Well, at least it is for me.   

So, in other news, the girls are reading.  They can sound out and spell most three letter words and some four letter words.  This happened seemingly overnight in February.  Rich and I realize that our days of secretive spelling are numbered.  It was good while it lasted.  (Our big one was I-C-E for ice cream and they figured that one out long ago.) 

Hmm, kind of a random blog post.  The girls' birthday parties (one for family, one for school friends) are planned.  And by planned, we've invited the guests and reserved the party location. I don't go overboard with themes or decorations.  The friends party is a dance party and I have some of this fabric (the Slipper version is my favorite but it was sold out) so I was thinking of making the girls skirts to wear with pink leotards.  I have so many sewing projects lined up in my mind but no time for any of them.  Such is life.     

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe the girls' birthday is approaching again it seems as if they just turned 5. Hope the party turns out to be fun. Wishing for some warm whether coming your way.

Kayla said...

We got the random snow dump where I live too - it was supposed to be 6-8 inches. We had 22. Blech!

It's a sad day for parents when your children learn how to spell. For awhile with my oldest, we just spelled really fast but that doesn't work anymore for her. At least the 4 y/os don't know yet. Except when big sis relays what we are saying. Arg!

Sarah @OMGTheresThree said...

I'm so over this snow. At least the girls enjoyed playing in it.

Christi said...

I'm so done with winter too. I was so surprised to see it still snowing when I woke up on Friday. I ended up working from home. Couldn't get out of the driveway. :0 We got 22 inches total.

I miss sandals.