* Rich and I recorded most of the women's gymnastics Olympic trials a few weekends ago. (Oh, so I should note that we have moved out of 1999 and into 2012 - or maybe it's 2009 - and can now record television shows. And not with a VCR!) The girls were in awe the first time I played it for them. They now change into their show leotards and ask to watch "the gymnastics show on tv." They don't just sit and watch it either. Oh, no. In their minds, they are there at the Olympic trials turning cartwheels and walking on the balance beam.
* The girls borrowed this DVD (Dancing for Kids) from the library a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, only the ballet section worked. We did order one from Amazon and I need to video them in action because it is simply awesome. First, they need to be wearing their dance show costumes and their real ballet or tap shoes. They pull the chairs from their small kitchen table into the family room and follow along with Miss Rosemary and her students. Allie is so serious too. She means business.
* We did enroll the girls in a summer gymnastics program, which gives them class once a week. Tomorrow, they start some princess dance camp class. Again, this only meets once a week. It was the only summer dance class available through the dance academy for their age. They are excited because the owner told me that they will be learning some jazz and hip hop.
* We are considering purchasing a smaller, temporary above ground pool. I think it would be more cost effective than swim lessons right now. By the time the girls warm up to the instructors, the class is over.
* Emily wants to change her name to Ella. This came after viewing Ella Enchanted for the third time. She told me that it really wouldn't be a big deal because her new name would still begin with an E.
* The girls are into sharing clothes now. I can only imagine what this will be like in 10 years as there have already been tears. Emily doesn't like when sissies borrow her clothes but she loves to borrow sissies'. When she was sick weeks ago, I came home from work to find her wearing one of Anna's dresses. Rich told me that Anna had gone upstairs and picked it out for Emily to wear. How sweet was that?