Monday, May 23, 2011

Haircuts and such

This weekend was simply insane. I want to say that I can't believe how busy we were but it seems like I say this after every weekend. Will there ever be a time when I will accomplish all that I set out to accomplish? Because right now, I am years behind.

Rich finally convinced me to have my hair cut. I never know what to do with my hair so I delay until it is so long that it gives me headaches. I managed to score a Friday night appointment, which I thought would be easier than trying to work around a Saturday appointment.

When Rich and I arrived home from work Friday night, I told the girls that I was going to have my hair cut and that I would be back shortly after they went to bed. There was a chance that I would be back before they even fell asleep.

Oh my goodness, you would have thought that I was going to Paris instead of down the street.

Kids were hanging off of me wailing, "No, don't go." At first, I thought that they were just be dramatic but then I thought about it for a minute and I felt bad. They saw me for a few minutes that morning, I was gone all day and then I arrived home to say that I would be leaving in 30 minutes and wouldn't be back until they were in bed. I could see why they were upset.

I finally convinced them that I would return and that I wouldn't look different. I found it kind of funny that they were concerned with that. Emily thought that having an appointment to have your hair cut was like waiting at a restaurant. She kept asking me, "Are they going to call your name soon?"

All three munchkins were sound asleep when I arrived home. I did go upstairs to check on them and say goodnight. Allie woke up shortly after. I think she was waiting for me to arrive home and made herself wake up. So this is what the girls do when they wake up before Rich and I are upstairs - they stand at the gate at top of the stairs. They usually don't say anything. I'll either here the gate clinking or someone whimpering.

So I placed my pizza back on my plate and plodded upstairs to see why Allie was awake. She was interested in my hair. "Where's your ponytail?"

The ponytail came back this weekend.

The girls all decided to have nightmares that night. Interesting because they have been doing so well with sleeping. (I'll have to post about that.) I ended up in Em's bed in the middle of the night. I fell asleep for a few hours and then snuck back to my own bed only to find Allie sleeping on my pillow. I had to go back and sleep in Em's bed for the rest of the night.

I could have had Allie's bed to myself but I feared that Em would come looking for me and wake up the whole house. The things we do.



No comments: