Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Going to the beach house...

Father's Day morning we packed up Anna and Em and our beach gear and took off for Grammy and Papa's beach house to be reunited with Allie and spend some time with my family at the beach.

Allie, who loves playing in the sand, announced that she didn't want to go to the beach. I was finally able to pull the reason why out her: She was afraid of the water. Although, she had been complaining about being in the wind. I don't know what was going on with her (it really wasn't that windy) so I told her that she didn't have to go near the water but she was going to go to the beach.

We could have walked to the beach from Grammy and Papa's house but we decided to drive instead of hauling all of our gear. Once we arrived at the beach, there was a sea wall and a section of the beach covered in sea stones to contend with before reaching the sand. Allie started fussing again about not wanting to go. I told her that she was going to go to the beach and have fun and then I picked up both her and Anna and carried them over the wall and stones.

It took maybe three minutes before Allie was playing in the sand and running down to the water to fill up her bucket. The girls had a great time at the beach and didn't want to leave. One of the cutest moments was when Anna turned to run down to the water and said, "Allie, come play in the water with me." And both her and Allie took off together.

I have not had time to sort through all of the beach photos. My camera battery was running low so I wasn't able to take too many. Stay tuned for those in an upcoming post. (Maybe tomorrow.) In the meantime, here are some pictures of Anna and Emily before we left on Sunday morning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Those are coordinating Winnie the Pooh outfits in size 3T that I picked up on sale last year at Target. In the Father's Day photo, Allie is wearing the "matching" dress.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

haha I love the first one where Anna is eyeing up that Dora band-aid!