Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Allie's ballerina photo shoot. (Includes backdrop info.)

These pictures are from a few weeks ago with my new candy pink fleece backdrop. I am calling it a backdrop but it is simply fleece fabric. Originally, all three girls agreed to be in the photo shoot but when the time came, which happened to be right after quiet time (aka nap on the couch or the floor), Allie was the only willing participant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The majority of these are out of focus or just did not come out well due in part to Anna and Em running and rolling around on the backdrop. Oh, yeah, and then there was Allie dancing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is Allie's "HEY" face. Anna was on the plexiglass in front on her, bothering her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quick bounce back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was only able to take about ten pictures for this shoot as it time for outdoor play.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As you can see from these pictures, I simply prop up the couch cushions and drape the fabric over them. Our couches have big pillows instead of cushions on the back so I use those pillows to help keep the upright cushions steady. Unfortunately, if a toddler decides to bounce against those cushions, they may fall over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The shiny floor is the plexiglass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At one point, Allie was sitting down leaning against the cushions and they toppled over on her. I quickly fixed the setup and ran back to try to snap off some pictures. I heard Anna say, "I'm going to ruin the pictures," and I looked up to find her holding onto a cushion about to push it over on Allie!

I ended up purchasing 6 yards of this fabric. As you can see, it was so much more than I needed for this type of backdrop but at $3.99 a yard I thought it worth buying more to have just in case I want a larger backdrop later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

The Alexanders said...

thanks for sharing how you set up your backdrop! Your pictures always look amazing!

JEN said...

You are a very talented photographer.