Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anna.

Anna had her yearly bladder/kidney ultrasound yesterday. Of course, there was a bit of a scare when the radiologist came in after the technician and said that she wanted to take a look at Anna's belly via ultrasound. Um, belly? And then she started asking odd questions. Rich and I have been around the block enough to know when there is a problem.

Turns out that they didn't realize that Anna has a shunt draining fluid to her belly area. Crisis diverted. We usually wait to meet with the pediatric urologist for the reading/results but I asked my own questions of the radiologist. She was happy with the growth of Anna's kidneys. Thank goodness. Good thing I asked for when we arrived at the urologist's, his assistant asked, "Hey, what are you guys doing here?" Oooops.

And I have to mention this. The technician had me position myself on the table with Anna to hold and comfort her. Anna did really well aside from some serious pouting. It has been almost three years since my last (and by last, I mean for good) ultrasound. I was being prepared for my c-section and the nurse could not pick up Em's heartbeat via doppler. An ultrasound machine was brought in. Em, as we all know, was fine. Probably just hiding behind her sisters. Being on that table yesterday brought back a lot of memories. Some good. Some not so good.

Anna. Cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Yea...for a good Dr appt! The picture of her in the tu-tu is simply adorable!!!

Seriously...Could they be any cuter???

Unknown said...

Glad it was a good appointment!

Samantha said...

Thank goodness all is great!
Super cute pics of course. Where do you get your tutus from? I really want one for my daughter.

Patty said...

This is my first time commenting, but I wanted to say congratulations on a good urology appointment! My son has/had bilateral hydronephrosis, and at our last appointment last month, his urologist said it has almost completely resolved, so I'll pray that Anna has similar results as she grows!! (In case you were wondering, it started as a 5-6, and now it's around a 0-1 in gradation)

Meg said...

YAY! So happy to read Anna is doing well! Our Magnolia has only one kidney (and that kidney had hydronephrosis and dilation of her ureter - also the worst at the time, it has now corrected itself to be fine!) so I remember how scary it was when we needed to go in for testing, and what a relief it was to know that things were going as they should. :)