Friday, June 19, 2009

The Ankle Injury

I've been meaning to post this all week but am just getting around to it now. I ran 3 miles last Monday and I felt great. I assumed that my ankle had healed. I decided to space out my runs just to be on the safe side. I ran 3.5 miles on Thursday. For the first 3 miles, my ankle felt fine, my lungs were doing well - so well that I decided to keep running. After that last half mile, I had to stop because my ankle was aching again. I stayed off of it Friday and over the weekend.

Monday of this week I made an attempt at running. I decided to stop if I felt any stiffness or aches. That happened at 1.25 miles. I limped upstairs and declared myself officially injured. I most likely will take next week off as well and hope that whatever this is, it heals quickly.

No comments: