Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mommy's Tape Recorder

The girls have this attachment thing with me so much so that they are always sobbing, "Mommy, Mommy," when they can't see me. Even when I'm pushing the stroller. Even when I'm right in the other room. They act is if I may simply disappear into thin air. After saying, "Mommy's. right. here," for the 700th time this past weekend, I told the girls that I was going to get a tape recorder so that I could just press a button and my voice would say, "Mommy's. right. here."

I then decided that I needed to add, "What's wrong now?" and "No" to the recordings. Those seemed to be the top three of the weekend.

After explaining the tape recorder to the girls, I asked if there was anything else I should add. "What else does Mommy have to say all the time?" Anna chimed in with "Time out!"

3 comments:

FrenznickFive said...

that's how mine are when I leave, I probably say "Hold on please" 100 times a day!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

my three do the same thing. in fact, just yesterday at the store i was behind the stroller. they just saw me peak at them + still they were whining mommy, mommy, mommy.

Lucco Girls said...

The only thing you hear over and over and over again in my house right now is 'uh oh...uh oh...uh oh...' again and again and again and..........