Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Cookout

We took the girls to a small 4th of July cookout yesterday at Rich's brother, Bob's, house. It is easier in a way to bring the girls somewhere now because they are on a schedule. They had already had lunch and their naps and then a snack. It was hard because Allie and Em are mobile. If Anna had the ability to run, I would have been even more drained.

Family was helping to watch the girls, which is a huge help, but I couldn't relax. Rich and I are with them everyday. We know exactly what their abilities are and can predict what they are going to do next. I know that they are going to put the dirty wiffle balls in their mouths. I know that one of them might fall and hit her face on the patio step-up. I know that Allie and Em can run and take off for the street or the woods. I know that Anna will tire of standing and holding onto the Choo Choo and will need to sit down but she's afraid of the grass.

I can finally see that as they get older, it will become easier. But for now, I'm left with watching them with the eyes in the back of my head and not eating anything because I need all my senses to watch the three of them.

Here are Anna and Em catching bubbles.



Here's Allie walking with Dada. Notice the dirty wiffle ball she is carrying.



Anna playing ball with cousin Peter. Notice Em with another dirty wiffle ball.



Anna taking a bite of fudge popsicle.



Allie having a bite of popsicle with Auntie P.



My sister-in-law, Justine, was very thoughtful and bought the girls balls and bubbles. She even had some plain ice cream for them. At the end of the day, the girls had fun so I'm glad that we went.

No comments: