Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here's a good one!

Just when I thought I had heard it all, someone throws out a zinger. My mom, Rich and I headed over to DSW with the girls this afternoon. I'm looking for some work appropriate shoes to fit my elephant feet. I ended up pushing the double stroller with the A Team into the store well ahead of the others. An older woman and her teenage daughter came up behind me and helped with the door. I thanked them.

Once we were all in the store, Rich took over the A Team while Gramma shopped with Em in the single. I'm minding my own business when I hear someone say, "Ma'am? Is there a babysitting service in the store?" What?? It was the older woman who had entered the store after me. Now I KNOW that I'm old because she was calling me Ma'am. I must have looked thoroughly confused because she proceeds to ask me if I had walked into the store with my two children.

Oh, those children. I left them in a corner in the back of the store. I thought I could get some shopping in before anyone noticed that I had abandoned them. Shhhh....don't give me away...

I had to explain to her that I have THREE children - my husband is watching two of them and my mom has number three. She told me that it was nice that I could have some time to myself to shop. Yeah, a whole eight minutes.

A few minutes later I hear, "Ma'am? Ma'am? Are your children triplets? You look great! Bless you. You must be so busy."

Thank you - I am blessed!

No comments: