Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crib Recall

So my dinner was ruined last night with the discovery that the girls' cribs have been recalled. Yes, all three cribs.

The cribs have been recalled because the wooden crib slats or spindles can break, creating a gap, which can pose an entrapment or strangulation hazard to infants. There have been 42 incidents of crib slats or spindles breaking. Four children became entrapped in the space created by a broken slat or spindle. Two of the children had abrasions and bruising. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs.

Ahhh, it's 6:30pm. I have three infants who go down to sleep at 7:00pm and I'm supposed to immediately stop using the cribs.

I haven't been a big fan of these cribs. I purchased them after completing research using the Baby Bargains book. They gave this manufacturer a B+ rating for their cribs and an F for other furniture. Hmmmm.

What do we do now? I filled out the required information online last night, which is supposed to generate a UPS package with instructions on how to obtain my vouchers. The vouchers can be taken back to Babies R Us to purchase new cribs. This should be interesting. Completing a crib switch off with three infants.

So now whenever I hear the girls roll over and crash into the side of the crib, I hold my breath. I thought about putting two pack-n-plays along with a small travel crib in their room but I anticipate that the change would be too great for them and they will have huge meltdowns and refuse to sleep.

I can't get rid of these cribs fast enough.

No comments: