Thursday, August 30, 2018

Life Lately

Hello!  Well, it feels like we're going to be the last ones in the US to head back to school after this short summer break.  Although, I will add that the girls are more than ready to get back to school.  (Or maybe I'm just more than ready for them to return to school.)  I think it will be good for them to see their friends on a regular basis and have more of a routine than what summer provides.  Active minds are a good thing.

8.30a

8.30b

8.30c

The house is in a state of disarray after my last minute push to finish sewing for our Disney trip.  (I'm writing this while watching the kids in the pool, which is why I'm not cleaning at the present moment.)  I have some massive cleaning to do, in addition to cleaning out the girls' closets and figuring out what they need for school.  We don't really do back to school shopping because it's hot when school starts and I'm not buying summer clothes for them to wear only for a few weeks.  Most especially this year when size 7/8 is a perfect fit, but most clothes size 10/12 are still a little big.  If I buy size 7/8 items now, they won't be able to wear them when the weather turns warm again.

8.30e

8.30f

8.30g

8.30i

Before I begin my Disney trip report, I'm going to post strategies for making the most of your time when visiting the Disney parks based upon our most recent (and past) experiences.  I tend to spread out my trip report as I like to write as much detail as possible.  I know some people simply enjoy reading trip reports but I actually found them invaluable when planning our first trips.  Even now, there's always something new to learn and Disney is constantly changing.  I also want to get that strategy info up before my trip report for those heading to Disney in the upcoming months.

8.30h

I hope to finish catching up on laundry tomorrow before we head to the Cape for some part of the long weekend.  It doesn't exactly look like beach weather but, around here, as long as it isn't storming, it's beach weather.

8.30j

8.30k

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The disney customs post is hacked or something, keeps taking me to a world cup pop-up, saying "congratulations"

Sarah said...

Thanks for letting me know. I took it down and republished it. It must be something attached to google. Very odd.