Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vacation Day 3 - Tuesday

{Note - I wrote this post last night. I scrolled to the top to proof read before publishing and my laptop died. It's been doing that a lot these days. The only explanation I can come up with is that it is overheating as it feels extremely hot every time it dies. I was using it on a laptop cooling lap pad as well. The laptop is quite old in the technical world (more than 3 years) but I'm not quite ready to go through the process of getting a new one.}

Okay, here's a bit about our last vacation day in NH.

This is what we found when we woke up on Tuesday morning.

sept2a

Sunshine and blue skies. Fantastic. Just in time for us to pack up the van and head home. Of course.

sept2b

After breakfast and a stop to take some photos, we headed home.

sept2c

By the way, my children refused to pose for photos. Apparently, they had ants in their pants.

sept2d

Within an hour or so of us driving out of North Conway, it started raining and continued to do so during the entire drive home. That drive was more than five painful hours long. But we survived and it was well worth it.

This is what happens when we are unpack.

sept2e

I have to say that I really do think that this was the ideal age to start taking family vacations. The girls are very well behaved in public and we really didn't have any issues with them at the chalet either. My sister-in-law told us beforehand that we should do what we needed to in order to baby proof. We didn't need to do anything. It was wonderful.

We are hoping to make another trip to that area of New Hampshire next year and have agreed that we need to stay for more than one full day. I think three full days would be ideal. We'll have to see what happens next year!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I've never been to NH ~ it'd be too far a drive from where we live ~ but maybe when our girls are older we'll head out there! Gorgeous!! :)

My oldest girls will be three in a couple of weeks and I'm starting to see changes when we go places, too. They're so much better behaved in public and 'babyproofing' hardly exists anymore when it comes to them! :)