Saturday, October 6, 2018

{Disney 2018} Day 3 - Chef Mickey's

Chef Mickey's is a character meal restaurant located in the Contemporary Resort, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet-style.  Despite many negative reviews online, it's an extremely popular restaurant.  Anyone who has tried to make a reservation here can attest to that fact.  Obviously, part of the draw is having the opportunity to meet the Fab Five - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto - in one setting.

We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's during our 2016 vacation and had a great meal.  You can read my review of that here.  In my opinion, it's pretty hard to screw up a buffet-style breakfast.  I've heard that dinner, on the other hand, is not the best so I was interested in checking it out for myself.  Whenever I read a review ripping apart Chef Mickey's, I always wonder how bad it could have been.

After getting caught in a torrential downpour, I was glad we had made time to return to our rooms and change clothes prior to heading over the Contemporary.

This is what our downtime looked like . . .

DSC_2320edit

I thought it was so cute how Emily found books about Florida at the library and brought them on our trip as her reading material.  Unfortunately, it didn't take her long to read through all of them.  By the end of our vacation, she wished she had brought more to read, saying she had read every book and brochure in the room.

DSC_2322edit

Get ready for some terrible photos.  The lighting here was awful and I didn't have my flash.  Even if I had brought my flash, it would have been sort of obnoxious to use it where we were sitting.

DSC_2328edit

DSC_2332edit

DSC_2350edit

I found the food and service here to be just about the same as that of 1900 Park Fare.  You do have a waiter/waitress who takes your drink orders and replenishes your drinks.  Just like 1900 Park Fare, they are on top of things, meaning your drink never runs out without another one placed in front of you.  Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of buffet dinners.  As I said in my discussion of 1900 Park Fare, in trying to please everyone with variety, it sometimes feels like there's less rather than more.

DSC_2357edit

We did enjoy our meal here.  I'm always interested in Rich's opinion since he is not a Disney person and will tell it like it is.  He did like his meal, but actually said he preferred the food at 1900 Park Fare over Chef Mickey's.

DSC_2341edit

The real stars of Chef Mickey's were these macarons.

DSC_2360edit

There were many different flavors and I had one of each.  Yup.  And they were all delicious.

Coming up next - Magic Kingdom!


You can find links to all the entries of this trip report and previous trip reports HERE.

No comments: