Sunday, April 29, 2018

Life Lately

I came up with a photography project I like to call Mirror Image last month.  The idea was easy.  Executing the idea - not so much.  This is all I wanted = the girls, two at a time, to face each other.  That's it.  Apparently, that's not as simple as I thought it would be because I didn't receive much cooperation.  Finally, one child agreed and then another, as long as she could continue to trim her fingernails at the same time.  Well, okay, but can you keep your hands out of the frame?

4.24f

Nope.

Moving along to another day.  Yes, two children agree to pose.  But one insists on nose-to-nose contact.

4.24g

Their features are slightly off height-wise but this is the best I could get that day.  I will not give up though!

I was looking back through all of my April photos that I have not yet posted here and found this one.

4.28d

From snow to 70 in one month.

We went for ice cream after dinner one night last week and the girls wanted to explore afterwards.  It feels like we've been stuck inside for so long.

4.28e

4.28f

4.28h

4.28g

4.28i

I need to bring my camera to dance more often.  I think it's fun to have these photos to look back on when the girls are older.  That is a one-way window - it's a mirror on the studio side - and not easy to photograph through.  I usually have to manually focus because the camera tends to focus on the window instead of through it.  Always a fun challenge.

4.28j

Thus far, this has been a fairly boring spring with not much going on.  That should change now that it's finally warming up.  Well, not much going on that I can write about.  There's always something going on here.  When the girls were little, blogging was much different.  Shorter posts.  There's so much of our day to day that I really can't share here for the girls' privacy.  For example, I wish I could post our puberty discussions because some of those are hysterical, but that's a definite no-go.

4.28b

4.28c

Unfortunately, I have to make this short and sweet tonight.  Anna was having tummy troubles last night and neither of us had a good night of sleep.  This was 100% spina bifida related and it sucks because there's not much you can do except provide comfort.  I reminded her of how brave she is in life.  She has to face a lot of unknowns and situations that other kids her age don't have to.  We also sometimes talk about issues other kids have to deal with that she doesn't.  Today was a new day and she was pretty much back to normal.  She's a tough kid.

I will have a cottage update this week.  And some other stuff.  Good night!

4.28a      

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe how different your girls are starting to look as they get older! I have identical twin girls who are a bit younger than yours, and I find the same thing with them. It's remarkable, isn't it?

Love reading your posts and updates!

Sarah said...

It's so interesting to watch them grow and change. Thank you!