Monday, January 2, 2017

What I Read in 2016

I'm not one to set reading goals and/or challenges for myself as I love to read and feel like those would just add unnecessary stress.  Last week, I was skimming through a book/reading forum and reading goals were being discussed.  It gave me a different perspective and I can see why one would set goals.  Honestly, a few months into 2016 I decided that I wanted to read 52 books for the year, an average of one book per week.  In 2015, I read 49 books which was super close to that goal so I thought it was doable.  And up until June, I was on target to reach that goal.  I had read 23 books and if I kept up with that monthly average of four and a half books, I would exceed my goal.  Then I stopped working and I lost my train reading time.  Over the summer, I found it difficult to fit in reading time and I wasn't able to get through as many books.  I think I averaged a book a month over the summer.  I missed my goal by 11 books.  Oh, well.  There's always 2017.  

So here's the list of what I read in 2016.  I've bolded my favorites.

1.  Can I Say by Travis Barker
2.  Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
3.  Troublemaker:  Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini
4.  To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5.  The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
6.  Room by Emma Donoghue
7.  Did You Ever Have a Family? by Bill Glegg
8.  All We Had by Annie Weatherwax
9.  I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
10.  The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
11.  The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
12.  When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
13.  The Revenant by Michael Punke
14.  Master Thieves by Stephen Kirkjian
15.  Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
16.  Bossypants by Tina Fey
17.  Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
18.  The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
19.  Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
20.  After You by Jojo Moyes
21.  Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
21.  The Road by Cormac McCarthy
22.  Wildflower by Drew Barrymore
23.  Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
24.  The Last Star by Rick Yancey
25.  Ashley Bell by Dean Koontz
26.  The Fireman by Joe Hill
27.  Bloom by Kelle Hampton
28.  Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
29.  End of Watch by Stephen King
30.  Evicted by Matthew Desmond
31.  Bird Box by Josh Malerman
32.  Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
33.  The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
34.  Remember Me Like This by Bret Anthony Johnston
35.  You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott
36.  Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
37.  Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
38.  The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
39.  The Dog Stars by Peter Heller
40.  Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
41.  Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance


Click here if you want to see what I read in 2015.


TGUH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. 

1 comment:

JEN said...

I read BirdBox based on your recommendation. It was great!