Friday, January 6, 2017

I'd rather be . . .

A few months ago, I quickly researched a short getaway to a warm location for the girls' winter vacation week.   Rich had only a few vacation days remaining for the year which when tacked on to the long weekend for the new year holiday would give us an acceptable amount of time to fly off somewhere.  Unfortunately, all travel is ridiculously priced for that weekend so I bagged it early on and tried to stay warm.

1.6a

So during vacation week, we completed our Christmas checklist of activities.  We visited La Salette Shrine for the Christmas light and nativity sets displays.  And the fried dough.

1.6b

1.6c

1.6d

1.6e

1.6f
(This one sort of looks creepy to me.)

Later in the week, we walked through the Enchanted Village at Jordan's Furniture.  I love how the exit is a long walk through the furniture store.  

1.6g

1.6h

1.6i

1.6j

The girls had quite a bit of Barbie play time and we completed two 1,000 piece puzzles.  I absolutely love puzzles and told Rich that post-retirement, there will be puzzles, lots of puzzles.  

1.6k
Barbie bar/restaurant.

1.6l

No beach days for us in the near future.  This not being independently wealthy and having kids in school really hinders all my travel plans.

No comments: